I already received the Liebster award which I posted here but I'm going to try and think of 11 more random facts about myself...try not to repeat :)
Versatile Blogger Award rules -
· Each blogger tagged must post 11 random facts about themselves · They must answer the 11 questions posted by the previous blogger · They must create 11 new questions to ask their tagged bloggers · They must then tag 11 blogs with less than 200 followers apiece · The bloggers must be told · No tag backs!
11 Random facts about me ...
1) My biggest phobia is goldfish. I'm absolutely terrified of them. I'm not keen on other fish, but goldfish are the worst. I can't even walk past a goldfish pond without freaking out.
|photo credit: plus45 via photopin cc|
2) My other big phobia is pigeons. I regularly make a fool out of myself by screaming loudly in the street when they head for me!
3) I'm a history geek...love social history and programmes like Wartime Farm, Victorian Pharmacy.
4) One of my secret dreams is to be on Strictly Come Dancing and dance with Artem...my oh my!
5) However, my biggest celeb crush isn't Artem but the one and only Bradley Wiggins. I'm not too sure why, but I adore him!
6) My favourite style is shabby chic but my house is very modern looking. I'm slowly wining the battle with The Boy with a few well placed hanging hearts....
7) I've known The Boy since he was 3 and we grew up over the road from each other. However, he is 6 years younger than me, and was known as The Annoying Kid From Over The Road. When he was 20, we saw each other in town and no-one has ever made me laugh like him.
8) I love old films - some of my favourites are A Brief Encounter, How to Marry a Millionaire, Gone With The Wind and Breakfast at Tiffany's.
9) I don't generally feel the cold, unless my nose is cold. Then I CANNOT get warm!
10) I know at least 6 people with the same birthday as me!
11) I really really really want a cocker spaniel.....
Time for Elysia's 11 questions for me :-)
1) Who is your favourite celebrity and why?I think I answered that above....I adore Bradley Wiggins!
2) If you could only use one makeup brand from your makeup bag which one would you choose? (this can be budget or high end)Hmmm, one brand...I would say Rimmel but then I hate their mascaras and mascara is my "cannot live without" product.
3) What made you start beauty blogging and join the blogging community?I started out as more of a lifestyle blog but quickly realised that beauty blogging was my passion. Add to that the warm welcome I've felt from other members of the community, and the beauty blog was born!
4) If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be and why?I would live right here in the UK, I love the history here. If I had to choose a different country, I think it would be Greece, again for the history there!
5) I find that I am forever saving up for expensive luxury handbags - Do you have an obsession or do you think you're a person who doesn't require many material posessions?I love a good pair of expensive shoes, and my wardrobe is bulging so I don't think I fall into the latter category!
6) It's getting really cold now here in the uk, what are the 3 beauty items you can't live without?Mascara, mascara and mascara. :-)
7) If you could have anything in the world, what would you choose?Anything at all? I enjoy saving up for things and the feeling of achievement when you afford it, so I think if i could have anything, it would be more time!
8) There's a famous saying 'if you don't suceed, try and try again'. Do you agree with this or do you admit defeat easily?I can be a bit of both. If I'm not really that bothered about what I'm doing, then I'll give up at the first hurdle. However, if it's something I really want, I can be very single minded and obsessive about succeeding.
9) On average, I spend between 30 minutes and 1 hour on my blog posts. How long do you spend?This really depends, I can spend 10 minutes or 2 hours!
10) What one thing could you not live without?My down time...I often really need to just switch off from the world and recharge my batteries. Otherwise, grumpy Pixie...
11) I find that I always have my television on - if I'm not watching it, I just have it on as background noise. Do you find yourself doing anything like this or is it me!?I specifically record programmes that I don't really want to watch, just to put on as background noise! I hate silence!
My 11 questions are the same as my Liebster award tag...
How long have you been blogging? And what made you start?
What is the main focus of your blog? (e.g. nails, make up, reviews?)
How often, on average, do you think "Hmmm...I could blog that!"?
Have you mentioned your blogging to friends and family or do you prefer to keep it private?
What do you look for when reading a new blog? Numbers of followers? Quality of photos?
How do you take the best photos for your blog?
What's your best beauty bargain?
What are some of your holy grail products?
How long does it take you to get ready for an average day?
Do you tone down your make-up look for work?
If you could only wear one nail varnish for the rest of your life, what would it be?
I nominate the following for the Versatile Blogger Award :)