What is that award about, you will ask? Well, “Liebster” is a german word meaning “most favorite” or ”dearest”, which is usually given to new bloggers with less than 200 followers, who deserve support from the community.
The rules are:
1) Post eleven facts about yourself
2) Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create eleven questions for people you’ve nominated
3) Choose eleven people to give this award to (with fewer than 200 followers) and link them in your post
4) Go to their page and tell them
5) Remember, no tag backs
My eleven facts
- My favourite flowers are peonies.
- I adore candles - creamy scents.
- My comfort food is strawberry jam and lancashire cheese sandwiches. Don't knock it 'til you've tried it!
- I adore owls. And once thought I was stroking a stuffed owl, when it turned its head and looked at me!
- I'm convinced I was born in the wrong era...
- I got great exam results all through school...but haven't known the most basic of things e.g. where potatoes grow...?!
- I have a reputation as a bit of a tough cookie...but actually cry at almost anything (EVERY medallist at the Olympics?!)
- I once made a soup that bubbled. When it was cold. I made another the same week that set solid.
- I have a beauty spot on my upper lip which makes me feel unique!
- I've only been blogging for 3 weeks, hence the lack of linked blogs below :-S
- I REALLY struggled to think of 11 facts about myself...!
Eleven questions from http://luchessa.wordpress.com
- What inspired you to choose the name for your blog?I like the idea of pixies, fairies, the borrowers etc existing. I love fairytales!
- Why did you start blogging?I'm a teacher, and the six week holiday could be very long. I have lots of interests, and wanted to document them all too!
- Where do you get your motivation to write a new blog post? What inspires you?I started off with a general, anything goes blog, but it edges more on the side of beauty related at the moment. I just love to blog about what I'm up to and interested in at the moment.
- Do you have any role model in the beauty/fashion industry (models, designers, makeup brands)? Who and why?Hmmmm...I'm not sure about this one really. My role models are more people I actually know. I clearly remember sitting and watching my mum putting her make up on. Blending in her foundation, lining her eyes and telling me how lucky I was to have black eyelashes. It all looked so glamorous and I think was probably my grounding in make up.
- Do you remember what the first makeup item was that you ever used?Clear mascara...did someone just call me adventurous?! ;-)
- If you hear or read about an interesting beauty product that’s not available in your country, would you still go and get it online?I generally prefer to at least have seen a product before I buy it. Good excuse for a holiday I say!!
- High end cosmetics vs. drugstore cosmetics? Whats your choice most of the time?Ooooh...I'd love to buy more high end cosmetics just because there are some BEAUTIFUL things out there. However, finances dictate that I'm a drugstore girl.
- If you could travel to any interesting place in the world, where would it be and why?My ONE travel wish is to go and see the Northern Lights. I think it's the fact that there's no guarantee of seeing them and photographs I've seen look magical.
- What’s your secret remedy when you are stressed out?I don't think it's a secret...a huge glass of wine!
- What’s your autumn/winter must haves (food, cosmetics, book, clothing ect.)?Ugg boots, a heavier foundation, stews, homemade soups and scarves!
- What is your other passion besides fashion & makeup?Teaching.
Eleven questions for the bloggers:
- How long have you been blogging? And what made you start?
- What is the main focus of your blog? (e.g. nails, make up, reviews?)
- How often, on average, do you think "Hmmm...I could blog that!"?
- Have you mentioned your blogging to friends and family or do you prefer to keep it private?
- What do you look for when reading a new blog? Numbers of followers? Quality of photos?
- How do you take the best photos for your blog?
- What's your best beauty bargain?
- What are some of your holy grail products?
- How long does it take you to get ready for an average day?
- Do you tone down your make-up look for work?
- If you could only wear one nail varnish for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Blogger I’m nominating: (some of you might have more than 200 followers, but i really would like to nominate YOU!)
I'm sorry that there aren't 11 blogs here, most of the blogs I read so far are very established...but I'm always on the look out for new blogs if anyone can recommend any!
***Love and Pixie Dust***Pin It